'Oliver Twist!' is a classic story by Charles Dickens and we are excited to bring it back in 2023 - four years after we first staged it!
This production course is for Semester 1 2023 and ends in a theatre production at Belconnen Theatre in June (see all dates and venue info below).
This production is an original Budding Entertainment adaptation of the novel with a few musical songs too! Perfect for young performers, the show has roles for beginners and also requires confident and experienced performers to take on lead roles.
There is no limit on gender e.g. if the strongest performer for the role of Oliver is a female, then a female will be cast in the role.
Secure your place with an initial instalment payment of $199.75 with Afterpay.
SEMESTER 1 2023 CLASS DATES
Venue: Playing Field Studio, 2 Kingsley St, Acton.
TERM 1 DATES & TIMES: 3pm-4pm (60 mins)
- Sunday 12th February
- Sunday 19th February
- Sunday 26th February
- Sunday 5th March
- Sunday 12th March
- Sunday 19th March
- Sunday 26th March
- Sunday 2nd April
TERM 2 CLASSES DATES & TIMES: 3pm-4pm (60 mins)
- Sunday 30th April
- Sunday 7th May
- Sunday 14th May
- Sunday 21st May
- Sunday 28th May
- Sunday 4th June
- Sunday 11th June
FINAL SHOW/S (plus dress rehearsal)
Venue: Belconnen Theatre, Swanson Court, Belconnen
- Sunday 18th June (keep whole day free!) and/or Monday 19th June (evening)
If there is sufficient demand, the final show will be performed more than once - up to three times over the two days. E.g. it may be a matinee, an evening, and the following Monday. This is TBC and will depend on demand and logistics. All performers should please keep Sunday 18th June (all day) and evening of Monday 19th June (after school hours) entirely free.
All performers MUST be committed to learning lines outside of class! Parents and guardians, kindly monitor your child's progress to ensure they are meeting all goals set by their tutors.
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE AFTER ENROLLING?
'Welcome to the Cast of Oliver Twist!' - a digital document with a summary of class dates and times as well as hyperlinks to Pre-Course Prep resources, including:
- Instructions to upload a video introduction by 30 January Instructions to upload a video introduction and 1-3 scenes by January 30: NOTE IF YOU ARE ENROLLING NOW, YOU HAVE UNTIL MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS!
- Instructions to upload a scene video by 30 January Instructions to upload a video introduction and 1-3 scenes: NOTE IF YOU ARE ENROLLING NOW, YOU HAVE UNTIL 7TH MONDAY 3TH FEBRUARY TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS!
- Instructions to upload a singing video by 30 January only if interested in singing a solo (OPTIONAL - students who are not comfortable singing solo are not required to submit a singing video. If there is no singing video submitted, the tutors will assume this is because your child does not wish to sing a solo in the production).
- The tutors will review these videos and also observe performers participating in group and teamwork activities in Class 1 to make a decision on assigning roles.
- Advice on show tickets - 2023 show tickets will be $15/$10.
Ages 5-12: Oliver Twist!
2023 fees: $399.50 per term (total semester fee $799).
Pay in four, interest free-payments!
4 interest-free payments of $199.75 with Afterpay.
Click here for instructions on paying with AfterPay.