Tuesday 5 July: Get Your Actor Headshots & Meet The Agent! (Ages 10-18)
This workshop has now been opened to ages 10-18. This is a focused, new and exclusive workshop for Canberra tween and teen performers who are serious about the performing arts and acting on stage or screen.
Headshot packages often cost upwards of $300 or $400. This workshop therefore offers serious value for teens as they will be photographed by our visiting headshot photographer and receive all copies digitally, AND teens will connect with like-minded peers and undertake an inspiring and informative workshop, 'Meet the Agent'.
- Hear real (de-identified) examples of why individuals did or did not get the part, both in a theatrical and professional screen context.
- Hear tips on how to make the director like you (from Kirsty's perspective!) - learn the qualities that seriously endear actors to directors. Small things can make all the difference.
- Learn about the broader industry landscape of acting, agents & casting directors in Australia with brief discussion of the US landscape in comparison.
- See real exemplars of how actors present themselves on casting platforms such as Showcast and Casting Networks. How does your profile compare?
- Get insider tips on training, networking, finding opportunities, learning when to say yes or no and how to decide, & being a creative entrepreneur.
- What is an Acting CV, and what should be included?
- Receive digital, raw copies of headshots after the workshop (minimum of 5).
What do I wear? How do I do my hair/makeup?!
After enrolling, you will receive an immediate digital download of a document prepared by the tutor, Kirsty. This document includes advice under the following headings: Makeup, Hair, Wardrobe, Mental Preparation and Inspiration (with links to examples of different actor headshots by Kirsty's two favourite headshot photographers).
DATE: Tuesday 5 July. TIME: 10am - 4pm VENUE: Smith's Alternative, 76 Alinga St, Canberra ACT 2601. SUITABLE FOR: Tweens and teens ages 10-18.
What to bring: Smith's Alternative has a café so teens should bring money to purchase their snacks and lunch. Alternatively, teens are welcome to bring a packed lunch including morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea (please don't bring nuts).
Want to know more about our VERY popular holiday workshops? To get a sense of what it's like to learn with us, check out our videos on YouTube, see past program photos on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram.
If you don't see an enrolment form, please refresh your page.